Wikipedia Lookup - development blog

Development blog for the Wikipedia Lookup addon for Firefox. Just some random notes on what's going on and addon development

Friday, August 11, 2006

WLA? WL?

I guess I have to rename the Wikipedia Lookup Extension to Wikipedia Lookup Addon.. Maybe I should just call it Wikipedia Lookup and just drop the whole addons/extension bit?
What do you think? I'm probably the only one who actually cares what this thing is called anyway :)

My development efforts are currently focused on refactoring the code for the addon, because I've got to admit that it was very crappy indeed. So I've pulled myself together and started restructuring. I also started using Ant for building the XPI. Reason for this being that I needed a bit more flexibility than my trusted old batch-file could provide me with.

Some of the new features I've already mentioned, but here's the prioritized list:
  • Statusbar searchbox
  • Language support in preferences using RDF
  • Locale support in the interface

A side project is trying to implement support for the WLE in Thunderbird 1.5.x versions. Despite my early frustrations I think this is gonna be an exciting adventure!

2 Comments:

At 1:29 AM, Anonymous Onno Zweers said...

"Wikipedia Lookup" will do nicely ;-)

 
At 1:41 AM, Anonymous Onno Zweers said...

By the way, I installed version 0.2.3 but it doesn't work. Here is what the Javascript console says:

uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x8000ffff (NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED) [nsIPrefBranch.getCharPref]" nsresult: "0x8000ffff (NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://wle/content/wleOverlayFunctions.js :: wikiLookup :: line 77" data: no]

I use FF 1.5.0.6 Dutch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home