Wikipedia Lookup - development blog

Development blog for the Wikipedia Lookup addon for Firefox. Just some random notes on what's going on and addon development

Monday, July 31, 2006

Porting the WLE to Thunderbird

Being a naive young man I thought "Hey, why don't I port my extension over to Thunderbird!". Both products are from the Mozilla Foundation and I've read that it's pretty much the same thing to create extensions for Firefox and Thunderbird.

I updated the install.rdf and got Thunderbird to accepts it, and I thought "wow, it actualy is easy". That was until I tried to do anything with the extension. Of course it didn't work. Not even the extension options worked in Thunderbird. It seems like there's some issues with the chrom URI's or something...

Whatever it is, I can document that it's NOT the same thing to create extensions for Firefox and Thunderbird. So I guess I have to do some more surfing on MozillaZina and Mozilla Development Central...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home