Wikipedia Lookup - development blog

Development blog for the Wikipedia Lookup addon for Firefox. Just some random notes on what's going on and addon development

Sunday, July 30, 2006

0.3.0 beta available

I have just uploaded the beta of the new 0.3.0 release of the WLE onto the BOSS distribution directory. To install it just save the XPI onto your system and then open it in Firefox, this will start the installation.


You are welcome to download it and check it out, but as with all Beta software this is something you do at your own risk and I can not be hold responsible for messing up your browser.

Some of the features are already mentioned on this blog and I relay think those features elevates the extension to a higher level. It's not just some simple plugin, but it actually does something more that just open a new tab.

Please let me know if you encounter any problems with the new release. If you are running Linux or Mac please let me know if it works for you too. I do not have access to a computer running Linux or OS X, so it would be nice to know if it actually works on all platforms. Just add a comment to the page to let me know what you think.

2 Comments:

At 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unfortunately I believe your link to the 0.3.0 beta version of your extension is invalid, and I don't see it updated on Mozilla's site. Any other place I can get it? I'm really looking forward to trying the status bar enhancement. Thanks!

 
At 2:04 AM, Blogger Jim Cotter said...

I really like this extension *except* on my system it does not switch the focus to the wikipedia result tab.

I am left at the place where I highlighted what I wanted to look up.

Can it be modified to switch to focus to the wikipedia search result.

Thanks.
Also can' find 0.3 beta

 

Post a Comment

<< Home